Ministering Angels

"They neither marry nor are given in marriage; but are appointed angels in heaven, which angels are ministering servants, to minister for those what are worthy of a far more, and an exceeding, and an eternal weight of glory."

Monday, February 05, 2007

Is it just me?

By Sarita

I've recently discovered a few things that make me feel not-quite-so-alone-in-the-world.

1) I'm not the only one that guys disappear on. After having proclaimed that they are interested. With no prompting from my side. And with what I assume to be a proper amount of encouragement in response without appearing that I am more into them than I actually am at present. Honestly, most of the time, I'm not heart broken or anything, as I probably wasn't all that interested. Yet. That usually takes time before I'm invested enough. But why disappear without any explanation? Profession of interest and desire to see each other more one night, and then nada. Thats just rude.

2) Men are not the only to disappear. Apparently women do that as well. I admit that after a bad first date, I don't eagerly contact the guy and totally understand if you're just not that into me, doing likewise. But have never expressed interest and then not followed through. A conversation with a guy I once went out with a few times opened my eyes to this fact. WE mutually agreed that it wasn't going to go anywhere and are now good friends. See, adults. It fun to act like one.

3) I am not the only one that makes believe that the guy who disappeared got in a car accident and is in a coma and therefore cannot contact me as he would be dying to do were he in his right mind and all.

1comments

1 Comments

at 2/07/2007 11:35 AM Blogger Sarita said...

Persistence is a good thing. Just as long as it stops at borderline stalking.

I seriously am more inclined to be interested in the slightly less "cool" and or attractive guy who makes a valiant effort than the uber cool one who is too good to waste his time and instead waits for the less mature girls to fall all over him.

Just sayin.

 

Post a Comment