Ministering Angels

"They neither marry nor are given in marriage; but are appointed angels in heaven, which angels are ministering servants, to minister for those what are worthy of a far more, and an exceeding, and an eternal weight of glory."

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Reunion

By Sarita

My mission has a reunion coming up. Which I am looking forward to. Not looking forward to the traffic jam that is Provo around this time, but otherwise, I expect to enjoy myself. I have good friends from the mission (I even live with one) and so my usual social anxieties are not an issue. Or weren't. Until my darling roommate declares that she will not be attending, but I have to go. Not only do I have to go, but I have to bring a date. Because I would be pathetic otherwise. Number one, I resent the pathetic remark. And two, I prefer to go to these things solo seeing as unless I am pretty much married (not that i ever had been, but i imagine it being easier that way), it just makes the whole situation awkward for me. And I don't care. I guess it wouldn't be bad with the right person. But goodness. I had nothing but happy anticipations for the evening until she dropped this bombshell that she was leaving for the weekend to avoid such social interactions and leaving me by my lonesome to deal with certain people who I love but can handle just so much of....that will be in town....and possibly staying with yours truly. But I regress. Am I out of it not to give a care about the stigma of showing up stag? Yes, my mission president will ask me if I have been dating, yes, he will ask about my involvement in local singles programs, yes, he will inquire about my flirting habits, and YES he will offer me flirting lessons. Okay, maybe a date wouldn't be such a horrible idea. But preferably a date with a good sense of humor who would enjoy making up relationship stories in order to ward off pressures from my good intentioned mission president. That would be ideal. Why do I feel an obligation to go to these things in the first place?

2comments

2 Comments

at 3/03/2006 11:22 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarita,
I think it's more weird to go to the mish reunion with a date (unless the date is a serious bf or fiance or HUSBAND) than to go stag. #1 Who would want to go to a mission reunion for just anyone? #2 I would feel more pathetic to take a date just to take a date. I sense you feel the same. Just GO! There's nothing wrong with being single.

 
at 3/03/2006 5:10 PM Blogger Sarita said...

Thank you! Seriously, I don't care all that much. How sad is it that I only long to show up with someone else in tow because I tend to get lost in new locations, and it would nice to have someone to orient me. I'm fine otherwise. A little tardy, but fine.

And you girls are too kind.

 

Post a Comment