Ministering Angels

"They neither marry nor are given in marriage; but are appointed angels in heaven, which angels are ministering servants, to minister for those what are worthy of a far more, and an exceeding, and an eternal weight of glory."

Thursday, February 23, 2006

It's not what you want that makes you fat, it's what you get

By Sarita

So remember that. I sure do. Considering my mother has told me that all my life. And it's not so much about physical appearance and weight (lest you think me cruel and insensitive) but not needing everything that I want at this moment. That has been stellar advice that has come up repeatedly throughout my life. Something I recall when I get frustrated because nothing seems to work out according to my time tables. Or does, and then I realize that maybe what I thought I wanted so desperately isn't all it was cracked up to be.


I know this is deep stuff, or at least for the shallow minded such as myself, but I have been reflecting on such things quite a bit as of late. So what do I want right now? To be happy, to get on with school already, to find a new apartment, and find means to purchase a new camera. So I can start taking pictures again.


There was indeed a time when I was restless, (okay still are on occasion) that I wanted to get on with my life in regards to.....stuff. I've learned a lot about going with the flow. And I (gag) believe that everything happens for a purpose. Be it good or bad, intentional or accidental, it is for our growth and understanding.


I occasional falter in this thinking and wish for more. Now. But as my beautiful, witty, and oh so wise mother would say "If wishes were fishes, we'd all have a fry." And ain't it the truth?

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment