Ministering Angels

"They neither marry nor are given in marriage; but are appointed angels in heaven, which angels are ministering servants, to minister for those what are worthy of a far more, and an exceeding, and an eternal weight of glory."

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Eternal babbling of the oblivious mind

By Sarita

Okay, so the excitement in my life lately has been reduced to stealing a pizza from FHE and stealing away with a couple friends to watch The Bachelor: Paris. What is so very sad about this is that I profess that I am against the evil that is reality TV and even more so reality dating TV, and yet, I get sucked in. Hypocrite! I know. Partially because I think it hilarious how catty these girls are. (I have watched portions of the Bachelorette and the guys seem way more laid back). And secondly, this Bachelor is HOT. And just to clarify, I am not one to use that word, generally, with the exception of when I wake up and look in the mirror and my crazy morning hair (what do I DO at night exactly?) and tell myself that I look hot. It happens way more than I would like to admit. So this guy is just insanely good looking, which makes the show nice to watch even though I have never been particularly drawn to the incredibly goodlooking. Something unnatural about the whole thing. But then he's just sweet, and down to earth and a camper (and an er doctor, which is all live saving and stuff) and you see that wide jaw and just melt. But no worries, I will never be able to actually be on the show, because I dress different than those girls, and had to deal with all that competition would just give up and go enjoy myself in Paris. Never been the competitive type. But does anyone think that true love can really blossom with the whole world watching? You may not be looking at the camera but I can see that you are way too aware that it is there.


So I had this meeting for my fabulous calling on Sunday and one of the co-chairs had us go around the table, introduce ourselves and state which one of the Disney animated characters we would like to hook up with. Charming. What surprised me is that I immediately knew my answer. A fusion of Hercules and Woody. What that would be? I know not. Why? Dunno. But apparently that's what I am looking for. Wish me all kinds of luck. (I'm thinking of going to Disneyland....anyone game?)


Oh, and the Argentine chef at the cafeteria at work asked me if someone had attended me (in spanish, not so weird sounding). I said yes, but I didn't know what I wanted. He responded with the following: Eh hem: "Nunca te vas a casar asi". Translate it. I dare you. Why must my life revolve around such things? I swear, others think more about my marital status than I do.

4comments

4 Comments

at 1/26/2006 8:03 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay. Harsh. Ignore him. You know, I don't mind being single, I just don't like the stigma that goes with it.

 
at 1/27/2006 5:09 PM Blogger Sarita said...

I just think it amusing. That it somehow becomes your identity. The single girl. At work, at home, at play.

I love the "mejor sola que mal accompanada".

And I agree. Whole heartedly.

 
at 1/31/2006 2:45 PM Blogger Kelly said...

I'm all about Prince Philip from Sleeping Beauty. Or maybe Eric from The Little Mermaid (although he was dumb as a post at times).

 
at 1/31/2006 4:52 PM Blogger Sarita said...

See I'm wary of the prince charming types. Everyone has flaws. And if they seem like they don't, they are usually over confisating. I like my animated guys conflicted.

 

Post a Comment