Ministering Angels

"They neither marry nor are given in marriage; but are appointed angels in heaven, which angels are ministering servants, to minister for those what are worthy of a far more, and an exceeding, and an eternal weight of glory."

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Kiss of Death

By Sarita

I'm not sure what this post is about. More than anything, I think the subject line should be "Sarah is bored at work and although she should be madly typing information so she can leave in time to make her institute class she is looking for any excuse to not do the before mentioned task excluding that which would involve actual human interaction....Namely with her coworkers, who normally she adores, but she is on one today." Yeah I think that would pretty much sum it up. So Halloween.


A big fan of the holidays am I. And a very festive person as well. Yes. Festive is the word. I was trying to say something about people who get into holidays yesterday and called them patriotic, which obviously is inaccurate, unless of course it was July, then it might be appropriate. But festive. And it's not that I don't like Halloween, but we do have some issues to resolve. Namely, that I am the biggest scaredy cat of all time. Seriously. It takes very little to get me spooked. Like the pull down shades on my bedroom window that like to sponaneously open. I close them at night so that the world won't see through my thin curtains, and lately they have taken to springing open very loudly just as I am falling asleep. And while I know they did it all by their lonesome, I am also convinced that it is only a side effect of the scary creature looking very much like a dementor from the Harry Potter movies trying to open my window. Irrational, I know, but I never said I was rational.


So, my roommate and I decided to put forth the effort to be more social. Or at least to be present in situations where others are social. We stopped by the institute's Halloween party after seeing a movie on Saturday night and stayed a whole 10 minutes. While making our quick rounds and stepping inside a lively gym, I looked back at the door and this big black curtainy looking thing was blocking one side of the doors. I thought it merely decorative until this cloaked arm reaches toward me with a very un human hand. I ran. Like a girl. A little one. I started to tell my roommate the funny story how I ran and got scared and ha ha, until I looked behind me, and the thing....A Dementor, was inside the gym now and gliding...I swear...Towards me. It must of stood 9 feet tall, or at least it seemed to. I ran yet again, darting in and out of dancers to the opposite side with scary dementor from my nightmares gliding after me. I escaped out the other door and my heart was pounding. Pounding.


See what happens when I try to put myself out there? Dementors chase me. And for all you Dementors out there...If you want a date with me, here's a little tip. 1) Don't chase me because I will run away. Fast. 2) Lose the scary kiss of death attitude, and the cloak. I do like men taller than myself, so if those are lifts you are hiding under those black robes, sorry honey. Besides, you are very very scary.

6comments

6 Comments

at 11/01/2005 6:13 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot begin to tell you how funny I found that. Thanks for making me laugh.

 
at 11/02/2005 10:36 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain.

Our institute dance dementor: A "lumberjack" named Ziggy with a foul odor-- an artist slash clown who wants to be a massage therapist.

I sometimes think we should get reimbursed by the church for our efforts.

 
at 11/02/2005 11:25 AM Blogger Sarita said...

I'm glad someone found it amusing. I'm sure the Dementor did. Seeing that the very sight of him sent me running for safety. I'm sure he was laughing violently under those black robes. That is if Dementors can laugh. I was terrified. A terrified 25 year old, independent adult. By a freaking costume. I'm quite the catch.

 
at 11/05/2005 2:18 AM Blogger Dirk said...

Cute story, I just wanted to say that in about 10 hours Melinda and I tie the knot.

 
at 11/28/2005 11:40 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

One post a month? Is that it? Is this blog even still active?

C'mon people--you have a great resource for singles lying fallow. Send blog invites to all your singles wards connections and have some real dialogue instead of near-offensive comments about certain men of a certain race staring at you (?wth?)

Anyway, this blog had such potential. I was hoping it would turn into a useful forum.

Geez, I miss Melinda!

 
at 11/29/2005 11:13 AM Blogger Sarita said...

Yes, I know the activity here has dwindled, but can't keep it up all by my lonesome. Despite common belief (including my own) I have somewhat of a life. Have made some vain attempts to get some more participation here, but to no avail. So to anyone that's interested.....contact us...or me!

As for the near offensive comments about men of a certain race. I apologize for any misconception. It just so happens that I adore people of that race, and happen to get more attention from the men of that race as well. Probably because I am around them quite a bit. With work and all. I guess I shouldnt have specified. But they do in fact show me more attention than others. I'm sure someone can relate to that on some level.

 

Post a Comment