Ministering Angels

"They neither marry nor are given in marriage; but are appointed angels in heaven, which angels are ministering servants, to minister for those what are worthy of a far more, and an exceeding, and an eternal weight of glory."

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

You're So Vain: Chapter 2

By Sarita

So I started commenting on the original post and was typing way too much (as usual) and figured it might warrant it's own thread.

Comments were made to the respect that there are tons of opportunities to go outside of ourselves and our own lives. I agree, but where's the time to do it? It's not that I won't try, and might actually do these things, but I seriously struggle in the time department. Granted I could give up the pathetic addiction my roommate and I share for the WB's Summerland (my head is hanging in shame, and if Johnny and Eva would just get back together I could find closure and move on). Does anyone else have this problem? I beat myself up because I missed the temple one week, and then for missing my friends bridal shower the next so I can actually go to the temple. And as for my Monday night date with the tv? I'm either there or drag myself to FHE. (And besides, the temple is closed that night, I am totally justified). I try to fulfill my calling, visit teach, work at the bakery in support of my roommate's calling, attend the mid week activity, babysit my nieces so their parents can go out, scrub the mildew off my poorly ventilated bathroom's ceiling with bleach, make several trips to Home Depot for my various home improvement projects and do them, keep up with the dishes, laundry, pay the bills, buy groceries, go to traffic school, attend the temple, read scriptures, work out for an hour a day, get together a mess of transcripts to actually apply for school and finish in my new major, oh and then there's work, but that only takes up 8, 9 hours a day. Tops. And that's this week.

So, my theory is the following:
Singles sometimes have less time due to the fact that they are expected to have all the time in the world and no one with whom to split responsibilities and stresses. I don't pretend that having a family to support is easy simply because there are two, but there is a division of duties. I for one try so hard to do everything I am supposed to do that I neglect things such as advancing my education, and having this social life that everyone seems to think is so dang important. Still, I don't want anyone going to Home Depot without me. It's fun, and *confessional* there are attractive members of the male gender. Honest to goodness. See, I'm social.

Elder Wirthlin spoke a while ago of instead of adding new things constantly, to take away the unnecessary aspects of our lives in order to focus on the more important. We think that as Latter Day Saints we have to do everything (at least I do) and such is not the case. I suppose it would do me good to clean house so to speak. Does anyone else suffer from this plight?

4comments

4 Comments

at 6/29/2005 4:54 PM Blogger Sarita said...

Did I say that out loud? And I don't go just to check them out. I have perfectly legitimate reasons for going, it just so happens that the scenery is nice. And that I can act like the clueless girl I am and ask one of their able bodied employees what the difference between 60 and 100 grit sandpaper is as I flip my blonde hair.

Ok so not really.

 
at 6/30/2005 1:29 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a very funny read! If we hear you get a couple more cats, we will have to do an intervention. My house currently has three cats and a giant dog.

 
at 6/30/2005 4:31 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not know there was a part II. That is where I meant for my comments to be.

Now I have read part II. I know that many singles are very busy. I have a lot of time on my hands. Is there anything practical that I can do to help any of you out? :)

 
at 6/30/2005 5:12 PM Blogger Sarita said...

Wanna enroll in classes and graduate for me? It would help out a whole lot and be much appreciated. Might defeat the purpose though.

 

Post a Comment